Head Chef, Rabbi Yosef Brod
Rav Hamachshir, Rabbi Boruch D. Lesches
Rabbi Brod – Hailing from Los Angels, CA, Rabbi Brod is known for his expertise and dedication to Catering, Kashrus and Hashgacha. From 2005-2010 he ran the kitchen for Chabad’s facility in Running Springs, CA including five of their Pesach Programs. He is recognized nationally as someone to rely on, who knows his way around the kitchen and will do an outstanding job ensuring that the standards and kashrus of our program, are the absolute best.
Rabbi Lesches – Rav of Congregation K’hal Tzemach Tzedek Lubavitch in Monsey since 2006, who in addition to his many activities in this capacity, also provides Hashgacha for meat at the Rockland Kosher Supermarket. Rabbi Lesches serves as Av Beis Din for the Lubavitch community, and is constantly answering Shaalos from Anash and Shluchim around the world.
Following is the list of products we will be using, in addition to meat, chicken and fish. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email Pesach@CGIPoconos.org for clarification.
- Dairy products; Cheese, Yogurt, Leben, Milk, etc. however dairy meals will be cooked on separate keilim with pareve alternatives provided.
- Grape Juice/Wine for cooking
- Peeled vegetables/fruits only
- Potato starch
- Ground nuts
- Chocolate/chocolate chips for desserts made before Pesach
- Sugar used before Pesach & Boiled Sugar during Pesach
- Raskins Fish
- Minimal Dry Spices used before Pesach
- Romaine Lettuce & Cabbage
- Purchased cookies/cakes for those that use (homemade options for those that don’t.)
- Bottled Water & Seltzer
Please remember to bring your own Wine and Matzah according to your needs and stringencies.
As of now, we have a little more than half of the number of people needed in order to make this happen. Our final deadline is Wednesday, February 15th. Please make sure to have your $1,000 deposit in to reserve your space. Of course, should we not reach the minimum number of people, all deposits will be promptly refunded.
The PayPal address for deposit can be accessed by clicking this link, www.CGIPoconos.org/donatenow. After paying your deposit, please send an email to Pesach@CGIPoconos.org listing family members coming, including the ages for all young adults and children.